OUR HOME, OUR HOSPITAL

The Campaign to Expand Milton District Hospital

How our new hospital will be funded

Financial support from the people of Milton and the surrounding region is critical for the construction of our new Hospital. In Ontario, 100 percent of all equipment costs (from the MRI to beds and bassinets) are funded by the ‘local share’ in the provincial funding model. The local share includes the Foundation Campaign, hospital revenue, and municipal revenue. Spearheaded by the Foundation, the $30 million capital Campaign for “Our Home, Our Hospital” will be supported through the generosity of our donors, friends and the community.

Milton and area is Canada’s fastest growing community—urgently needs our local hospital to keep pace with that growth:    Our Emergency Department, Maternal Newborn Unit, Surgical Department and Diagnostic Imaging Department have long outgrown their capacity; lives are saved every day in spaces designed for much smaller patient volumes than we serve. It is only through the combination of public funds and private donations that our hospital will continue to be well-equipped to serve you, your family and your friends when you need it most.

Milton Hospital Foundation Donate Now

Milton Hospital Expension

Quality care close to home is a vital and integral part of our community.

Our hospital plays a pivotal role in our community: in addition to emergencies, surgeries, childbirth and complex continuing care, residents of Milton and surrounding area rely on us as their main resource for ambulatory care (such as the Fracture Clinic), rehabilitation services and diagnostic procedures (such as colonoscopy, x-ray, CT scan): 40,000 diagnostic images are undertaken annually.  In a community hospital, the importance of the Emergency Department is paramount; our currently hospital handles 33,100 Emergency visits per year—that’s 90 per day.  We also deliver more than 1,000 babies into the arms of parents each year.

A new, expanded Emergency Department, the latest Maternal Newborn facilities, more operating rooms and additional state-of-the-art equipment will ensure that we continue to be the best at what we do. We will also continue to attract—and retain—top-notch medical talent to live and work in our community:

Today’s surgeons and specialists require work environments with the latest equipment and technology—so they can perform to the best of their ability and attract the best talent.  A new 300,000 square foot expansion will triple the size of our entire hospital.  A modern, well-equipped community hospital means a better patient and family experience, more space, more comfort and more capacity to focus on the diverse health care needs of residents of Milton and surrounding area —right here at home.

Compassionate care is a hallmark of our hospital—and this Milton tradition will continue as we expand to serve a larger, increasingly diverse community:

The warmth and compassion that patients experience at our hospital sets us apart. As our community grows, we continue to take great pride in the consistent, positive feedback we receive from our patients.  Thoughtful, patient-centered care is a Milton District Hospital tradition; that tradition is one of the things that make Milton “home”.

We all benefit, so we all share a responsibility to financially support our community hospital:

While the provincial government pays for 90% of eligible construction costs, hospitals are responsible for funding the remaining 10% of construction costs, plus 100% of all equipment costs.  This is the largest and most exciting fundraising campaign in the history of our community.  At a time when many hospital projects are being put on hold indefinitely, we must capitalize on this critical opportunity for our community.  When you support MDHF, you are helping to ease pain, restore health and save lives right here at home.

If you are interested in learning more about our New and Expanded Services please click the link to open.

Transforming the community hospital experience.